Friday, August 28, 2015

1st Grade Classroom REVEAL

Classroom Pictures 2015-2016 
1st Grade
Mrs. Billings

Superhero theme this year!



Below is a quick over view of the calendar area (which has since had many things added), our reading group rotation chart (red), the writing center blue buckets of community supplies, and the schedule cards up close.


These are the curtains my mom had special delivered to me before school started!!  This is my 5th year of teaching and I just love having curtains made by my mom hanging in the room!  It's a little taste of home even out here in Kansas.


This is a view from the door facing my teacher desk.  The word wall is on the chalkboard...and I was missing A, B, and C.  I very much dislike doing a job twice...but it was a must for the word wall to have those 3 letters :)  So back to the copier I went and then the laminator.


These are the rules my kids came up with on the 1st day of school and they have since signed their names at the bottom to PROMISE to follow.  I definitely have some that have broken their promises ;)


BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT!!!  Thursday evening before school started, about 13 families showed up to meet me and drop off their supplies.  A sweet family gave me this purple bucket of teacher goodies - boy have I enjoyed the chocolate!  

Side note - I have to have my family picture and a pic of my brothers on my desk!!


Ready for Back to school night!


1st day of school in the cafeteria


1st day of school - Find a Friend activity!


Another fun fact about the beginning of the year is that I made a "teacher wish-list" and the Harvey County United Way office filled my wish-list!!  Also, a big thanks to The Citizens Bank in Newton for helping to fund my classroom list!  It is always a burden at the beginning of the year to buy lots of items for the room that are essential to getting things set up!  So thankful for community support!  (Me holding the blue bag)


Our school has a therapy dog, Chip!


 Math games with partners!




Cheers to the weekend and lots of relaxation time!!  Football is beginning and you know that means Aaron will be busy many weekends/Friday nights/Sundays/etc... Also, the Royals are still in season so we have 2 sports to watch!
Love, Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment