Friday, March 28, 2014

Colorado Springs, CO Trip!

Hello :)  Aaron and I planned a 3 day trip to Colorado Springs, CO!  Full of fun sight seeing, good restaurants, and gorgeous mountains (that I miss so much)!  First stop was visiting the Garden of the Gods.  We visited here with the Billings Family before and it was fun to go back and take our time!  Below is a picture of the famous "Balanced Rock".  There were people gathered all around, but I think I ended up with a cool picture of the rock glowing.  








This tree was growing so weird.


Next stop, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo!  



I have to say that this zoo is, by far, the most beautiful and natural looking zoo I have ever visited!  The animal cages and walking paths are tucked into the mountains, which makes it feel like you're taking a hike and seeing some pretty exotic animals along the way :)  I was told that they are well known for their Giraffe feeding area.  I LOVED THIS!!  We paid a few bucks for some lettuce and the Giraffes came right up to the walk way and we fed them!!!!!
  



I just want to pile my entire class of preschoolers in a bus and bring them to feed the Giraffes!!  Someone please fund this amazing trip idea :)


Mom, this one is for you....ha!


Oh, by the way, the entire time you are walking around the zoo you have this incredible view of the valley below!  It is breath taking.  My phone pictures are incredibly terrible, and it was cloudy, but can you imagine?!


Next stop, Manitou Springs!  Whoa, blue sky.  This is a little town tucked at the bottom of Pikes Peak.  I took this picture so that you can see how the houses are set right up above all the shops.  


We ate at Sahara Cafe and had gyros!


Okay, my husband did a great job finding a hotel that had a mountain view!!  The snowy peak is Pikes Peak, which was gorgeous to wake up to each morning!  Colorado Springs sure is beautiful.


Other activities during our trip included shopping at some great outlets and visiting Jenna!  Jenna is Aaron's sister.  She has a very cute house, which is just perfect for her and her dog.  We had a great time getting away from Hesston for a bit and relaxing!  Now...how many days until summer??  This teacher wants another break! 

Count Down until the Yoders fly to Kansas = 21 days!!  Get excited people!

Happy weekend!
Love, Maria










No comments:

Post a Comment